With such a good turn-out, the evening provided a great opportunity to catch-up with people we might not have seen since the end of last season, but - with the new season just around the corner - we'll hopefully be seeing more of again soon. (And I'm always struck, on such occasions, by how different people look out of their cycling gear!)
As is traditional, we reflected on the last year and some well-deserved prizes were given out. In the photo below are those prize winners who were present to collect their trophies. From left to right, are:
- Mary Neil, winner of the fastest lady at the Club 10 mile Time Trial Championship
- Tom Brook, Club Hill Climb Champion
- Brian Kennedy, our Club Chair, won 'Club Member of the Year' in recognition of his tremendous hard work - beyond what he already does for the Club - in organising the marvellous City Centre Crits last summer (the sun shone, the crowds came, and a spectacular evening of racing was enjoyed by all)
- Ben Barlow, Keenest Young Rider of the Year - 14 year old Ben had a really good 2014 season, winning the Cog Set Club Championship, beating his Dad in the hill climbs, and riding a very hard 90+ miles in wet & windy conditions on the Saturday of our Autumn cycling tour in the north Lakes
- Ryan Coulton won 'Most Improved Rider' - over the course of last year 16 year old Ryan lowered his 10 mile TT time dramatically, to 21.01. His PB at 25 miles is an also very impressive 54.40
- Tom Oldham won 'Most Meritorious Ride' by completing the Ride London 100 (in a very good time) less than three months after spectacularly crashing out of the Lanzarote Ironman, riding downhill at 40mph!
Congratulations all round! What a Club!
With 2014 fading into our memories, we've now got an exciting, action-packed 2015 to think about, plan towards, and look forward to. May it be a positive and productive year's riding for everyone!